Saturday, November 14, 2015

Stay the Course

I ran around my school yesterday morning before the students arrived posting quotes and signs about World Kindness Day. When the students started arriving I greeted them at the door sharing the news. Some students smiled. Some challenged the worth of it. Some outright said they would have nothing to do with it. Did it sting a bit? Yes. But the thoughts of my husband rang in my ears...Stay the Course Hiedi! Each time I smiled back and said to the students you can do this. I challenged a few grumpy teens that if they couldn't do kind things for others, do one for yourself. They smiled and said I'll try. At the end of the day two students asked for copies of the quotes and one of the grumpy boys said they tried to be nice to themselves. You know what...I'll take it. In this world, a day dedicated to kindness and an opportunity to give any nugget of kindness to others is well worth the effort! I challenge you to stay the course...what have you done that required your perseverance?

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy that phrase stay the course. It's an encouraging word that is a simple reminder. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete